Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dress Better

I think in general guys need to dress better. I know all girls aren't stellar dressers (me included), and I know all guys aren't poor dressers, but in general I think guys could use a little bit of help. Here at BYU it always feels like there are a ton more decent looking girls than guys, and I've concluded that it is because girls make more of an effort to dress nicely. When I say dress better I don't mean that every guys needs to look like he came out of a J. Crew catalog, I'm just talking basics like unwrinkled and hole-free. Labels don't really matter as much as color and style. A handful of decent shirts (no holes, well-fitting, recently washed, flattering colors) and a couple of pairs of good fitting jeans can really give an average looking guy some points. I don't think Sunday clothes should be exempt from this either. No guy should still be wearing old shoes or white shirts from their mission--white does NOT stay white. Also, cartoon ties are only cute if you are under the age of 6. Clean-cut white shirts, a decent tie, nice shoes, and a clean haircut would really turn my ward around. I don't think that's asking too much. I mean, girls have to wear a different outfit every week. Guys can at least have one nice suit, a couple nice white shirts, a couple ties and one pair of shoes. Girls have to have multiple skirts, multiple tops to go with each skirt, dresses, flats and heels of at least black and brown--I own seven pairs of church shoes, nine skirts and two dresses.
Maybe this isn't really a big deal to some people, and I bet most guys just don't care, but I'm really tired of walking around campus and seeing old t-shirts, scraggly hair, ugly jeans, and old shoes.

Of, course all of my blog readers are girls (minus a couple family members who I think dress fine), so this entry does nothing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm emailing this to every male friend I know. Oh the power, feel it.

Chelsea said...

This sounds like something that could be expanded into an article for The Lone Reed.


I almost typed "The Love Reed".

Bukran said...

I sense a potential letter to the editor for the Daily Universe...