Saturday, March 01, 2008

All things positive to say.

This week was so incredibly exhausting. I feel like this semester has just been non stop everything—non stop reading for 291, papers, tests, assignments, shakespeare plays. This week it all just toppled down on me and I just wanted to pack up all of my stuff and leave provo. But I only have six weeks and two days left of class. And it doesn't matter if I don't get all A's, and it doesn't matter if I don't know what I want to do after I graduate next dec, and it doesn't matter if I don't do all my 291 reading, and it doesn't matter if I didn't do well on my 495 paper. So here is to all the good things that happened this week. Browsing at Barnes and Noble, eating lunch in the clark building, looking at calendars, waking up in a room all to myself, watching hours of Felicity and Gilmore Girls, spending an entire day free of homework, chick-a-fil, don't touch the devil's hands, getting my timeline/291 test back, pea coat and gloves, target, are you going to turn left?, music and lyrics.

(thank you, Christie)

A little Whitman:

Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of all poems,
You shall possess the good of the earth and sun, (there are millions of suns left,)
You shall no longer take things at second or third hand, nor look
through the eyes of the dead, nor feed on the spectres in books,
You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me,
You shall listen to all sides and filter them from your self.

I have heard what the talkers were talking, the talk of the
beginning and the end,
But I do not talk of the beginning or the end.

There was never any more inception than there is now,
Nor any more youth or age than there is now,
And will never be any more perfection than there is now,
Nor any more heaven or hell than there is now.

Urge and urge and urge,
Always the procreant urge of the world.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh yay. I for one am happy that we both made it through another February in Utah.

Chelsea said...

I feel the need to bond with you.

Unknown said...

Haha, you always have to show me up. I post lyrics to a pop punk song, you post Walt Whitman :) You're in the home stretch now, London is calling!