So here are some notable things that have happened:
1. I met Joanna Brooks! This is real. She spoke at a "Mormonism and the Election" panel at Seattle University, and I went with my brother and his friends. And one of my brother's friends knows JB! As in she came up and talked to us before the panel, and she knew my brother's name! And he introduced me as his sister, and she said "Hi, sister!" To me! She even texted my brother's friend after the lecture asking why we didn't stick around to chat. Pretty big deal. Side note: Ken Jennings was also there (Jeopardy!).
2. Since I used my daily allotment of exclamation marks in number one, I'll list the change in missionary age as number two. Notably, I first found out about this on Twitter because I'm the worst at watching Saturday sessions of general conference. While I didn't have the emotional response that many had, and I'm not sure how much this will actually improve gender dynamics (though I'm curious), it's nice to see a substantial policy change. Keep 'em coming.
3. A new Target opened 4 miles from my house. I celebrated the election news on Tuesday by wandering the shoe aisles and buying a new pair of flannel pajamas.
4. I have been killing this autumn. Pumpkin scones, caramels, apple cider, pumpkins, biscotti, pot pies, soups. In related news, I have gained three pounds. Nope, I lied. It's five pounds. Totally nailing it.
5. I went to Utah, which warrants a photo collage. For obvious reasons.
I've also picked up some new shows. One of which is Emily Owens, M.D. on the CW, which is noteworthy because I thought it was going to be terrible, but it is incredibly endearing. You should watch it. But I have to say, the best new fall show is The Mindy Project, without which we would be deprived of TV moments like this: