Thursday, August 04, 2011

I am Leaving Provo

Well, this is it. After 7 years in Provo I'm finally leaving. Today is my last day working at the Internship Office, which might be the weirdest part  since I've probably spent more time at the Internship Office over the past three years than at my apartment. Part of me is intensely weirded out by the thought of leaving Provo for good (this is to be expected because I generally don't handle change well), but a larger part of me is finally ready to move on. After 6 different apartments, 7 wards, 21 roommates, 8 intramural teams, 6 jobs, 4 international trips, including 2 study abroad programs, teaching 6 classes, taking 72 courses, and earning 2 degrees, I think it's time. So, tomorrow morning I'm waking up, packing up my Jeep, and driving north up I-15 bound for Vancouver, Washington. To be sufficiently sappy and nostalgic as I prepare to leave, here is a list of the top 10 things I'll miss about Provo.

  • Provo bakery donuts. Specifically, the buttermilk bars, the maple bars, and the cake donuts. My life will never be the same. 
  • Frozen yogurt establishments on every corner. Cake batter frozen yogurt. Delicious. 
  • The dollar theater. How can I ever go back to paying more than $1.25 for a movie?
  • Watching TV, daily chats, and trying new places to eat with Elisa. Gilmore Girls, Felicity, Bachelorette, Project Runway, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Gossip Girl, So You Think You Can Dance. The list goes on.
  • Living in the same city as 50% of my siblings. Especially living and working with Kim for the past year. 
  • Chatting with program people in the carrels. Especially Vilja, Dave, Jack, Meridith, Elise, and Jen.
  • The JFSB. Prettiest building on BYU campus.
  • The Internship Office. Especially Adrienne--I'm pretty sure she's the best boss that I will ever have. 
  • The chance to run into someone I know. Like running into Kristina from freshman year last week. Or students from past semesters. 
  • Christie. I know Christie moved a year ago, but I still associate Provo with being friends with her. 
Au Revoir!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a weird feeling, but you get used to it.

What are your Vancouver plans?

P.S. I'm very glad you're blogging again.