Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Autumn

I love this time of year! No other time of year brings me this much joy. I can't wait for the leaves to change and the air to get crisper. I can't wait for the pumpkin party (Lindsey, remember Meghan's delicious cookies? I'm such a liar). Every time I step oustide I smile a little bit to myself. Fall makes me want to play soccer in the rain and then take a nice long bath, put on wool socks and have tomato soup. It makes me want to get out the halloween costumes, try them all on and leave trails around the house—cat ears in the living room, a witch's hat on top of the tv, a clown wig under the kitchen table. It makes me want to get off the bus after school and read the boxcar children on my back porch with a blanket wrapped around me. To rake up all the leaves in my yard and lie in them, to drink hot chocolate outside in my pajamas, to carve pumpkins even if I hate pumpkin slime. I just can't get enough of this.

Oh, autumn.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its the most wonderful time, of the year. And I don't know what you're talking about, I introduced you to your favorite type of pumpkin cookie, there was no lying involved... Haha, remember when you kept it in your closet?? Remember when we played in leaves at Kiwanis park and then took some home and did leaf rubbings? Those were some dang sweet times.

Chelsea said...

I have actually been thinking of you lately, because I know you love Fall. Actually, who doesn't? But I just remember "slightly frigid mornings...and pumpkin bagel spread from Einstein's"...Yay.

Chelsea said...

I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.