Monday, May 14, 2007

Copy center ramblings

I'm sitting at work trying to look my typing is really purposeful and work-related. Even when it isn't work related (which computer time at work usually isn't unless you consider leaving facebook messages on my co-workers' walls work related), it still really bothers me when people walk up to the counter expectantly and just stand and stare. It bugs me because it COULD be work related. They don't know that I'm typing a meaningless post to my blog. I could be billing an order or working on work schedules.

The last four nights in a row I've gotten less than five hours of sleep. I don't know what's wrong with me! I was pretty short with the people in my group in ELang. I need to sleep more. But there are just more interesting things to do. Like last night I got home around 12:00am, and my roommates were in the living room writing a song. Which, by the way, was really amusing. I have some of the lyrics stuck in my head: "don't iron your clothes / while wearing them / it's not a good idea" you get the gist.

Oh, apartment life.

Birthday count down: 10 days to 21!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

What would you prefer people do instead of come to the counter and stare? Just out of curiosity...
because I never know what to do in those kinds of situations and might do something similar. At least you don't have one of those little bells that people would 'ping' about three times just for fun...

Kristin said...

I prefer when people follow the signs and stand in line which is at the far end of the counter opposite of the computer.